Blender addon: Flippist
One day I had to create a mirror copy of a whole scene.
How I did it? I inputted -1 in Z scale – DONE!
But I had to apply scale and export my 3D scene.
After apply scale, all object normals did flip!
And I had to flip back normals in each object in turn in edit mode (there were more than 100).
Then I decided create the addon…
Flippist is an addon for Blender that can automatically Flip Normals and Make Normals Consistent on multiple objects.
How to use:
1) install Flippist addon on the Add-ons tab in the Blender User Preferences from downloaded archive;
2) enable Flippist addon;
3) select all objects that is needing to Flip Normals or Make Normals Consistent;
4) press Spacebar and Search “Flipppist”;
5) press Enter and change Flippist options in the Tool Shelf.
1) Flip Normals on multiple objects
2) Make Normals Consistent on multiple objects
3) Make Normals Consistent next Flip Normals on multiple objects
Example of workflow:
You can download the addon here:
Download Flippist addon for Blender